Wednesday, May 16, 2007

All the little things

You know, all those little things that go in to making up our lives, but that make it seem like we're never actually doing anything?

Like sitting in Bob Jane Tmart for an hour today while one of the mechanics tried to work out why my tyre has a slow leak that sees us driving around at 10psi after a few months. It seems that there was a nail stuck in the tyre. At least I got to catch up on February's celebrity gossip care of the magazines in the waiting room. At least Jamie was at his Grandparents'.

Like the half hour I spent trying to put a keypad back onto my laptop this morning. Jamie gave it a bit of a vigorous typing test. Oops! Ever tried to fossick with minute parts wearing a thumb guard? Fun. Not. I will now be taking said laptop somewhere where a professional can fiddle with it. That'll probably be another hour.

Like ringing around to work out the best way of selling my antique dining table we no longer want. It would seem that auction is the best way. It took me half an hour to discover that, and to understand what I have to do to get my table to auction.

I still have a heap of things that I was supposed to do today. I guess it all just goes onto tomorrow's to-do list. Which was already long enough.

Do you ever have periods in your life where you just feel like it's one step forward and two steps back? I'm having one at the moment. Whinge. Whinge. Grizzle.

We spent the afternoon at childcare yesterday. Jamie seemed to enjoy it. As long as I was there so he could clamber up into my lap and read all the new picture books, lol. More orientation sessions over the next couple of weeks.

This month's CK is out and I have a layout in the Aussie Reader Gallery:



Journaling: While you and I were enjoying ourselves in Perth with your cousins, Daddy had come home and was redecorating your room. What a wonderful surprise to come home to! Your room's so bright and airy now. New cupboards display your toys. Pictures hang on the walls. Teddies keep watch. At last, you have a proper nursery.

How-to instructions are here.

That's all folks! I'm off to grizzle into my hot chocolate.
Kathie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan (smiles1965) from Scrapboxx here.

Yes, yes, yes I do have periods in my life where I feel like it's one step forward and two steps back. Somedays it's five steps back.....lol

I think most mums know what you mean and how you feel. Your never alone Kathie :)

Good luck with all that's on your "to do" list for the rest of the week.

Chris Millar said...

Hi Kathie!! Always love seeing your gorgeous work in the mags! I do have the 2 steps backwards thing happening at the moment with building the units. And it feels like I'm constantly juggling things! It's not a good feeling for someone that loves routine and doesn't like change!LOL Hang in there mate!

Marie said...

I hope today is a much better day for you, Kathie

Tam said...

I'm hearing you, Kathie! I think it's a mum thing - the whole routine gets the better of us sometimes!

Hope you get all your stuff sorted out, so you can move on to the next thing!!

Nic Wood said...

Chin up babe..I think it may have something to do with how much you have going on atm!
So Im not sure what my excuse would be LOL...dont worry, we all feel like this - regularly! I think it has something to do with being a mum and trying to keep everyone else happy.

Glad Jamie went OK at childcare...I didnt realise all that was creeping up that quickly either.

Love that LO in CK!

Nic xxx

Mardi said...

Ohh Kathie.... I often have periods in my life...when the only direction I seem to move is backward....in fact Im having one of them now.

I adore your layout of Jamies nursery... and I agree with the comment from Chris...its always lovely to see your work in print.
Mardi x
oh..and LOL at your comment on my 'that bird' post...

charmaine said...

Hi KAthie....you are such abusy chickie at the moment its no wonder its one forward two back....try not to stress too much (yeah yeah easy for me to say:)) Go and sit quietly and have another hot chocolate...oh how is the thumb? Hope Jamie settles into childcare in time for when you need to leave him....

natalie michelmore said...

love the layout Kathie!!!

yes the 2 steps backward is frustrating- especially when you are so busy, hope things are settling down for you now.