Monday, May 07, 2007

The cleanest street in Adelaide

I suppose I should be grateful that the Council comes around regularly to mow our verges and keep our street tidy.

But I'm not.
Not when they come around just as Jamie has laid his head on his pillow for a nap.
Not when I have a zillion things to do (that I'm procrastinating about by being here.)


I suppose that I should be grateful that the Council brings around the street sweeper to clear up all the lawn clippings and weeds afterwards.

But I'm not.
Not when it takes them 7 trips up and down the street.

7 trips! Our street only has, like, twenty houses, for goodness sake!
How many times do you need to sweep a street in order to clean it?

Of course, you can imagine the scenario in our house for that twenty minutes or so it took the mowers and whipper snippers to do their thing and then for the street sweeper to amble past every two minutes or so.

One very scared and distressed little boy who had just fallen asleep.
One very frazzled mummy.
Grrrr!

***
buy rug for lounge... check

And it looks good :)

We're off to buy some scatter cushions and a throw rug after lunch.
Procrastinating BADLY on the rest.

Kathie

5 comments:

Nic Wood said...

Poor Jamie! At least the whole street will be spick and span for the open!

Nic xxx

kerry said...

Poor Jamie, and Nick is right at least the street will be tidy for your open. When you are all finished you want to leave.
Take care Kerry

Tam said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. For us, it's the rubbish men!

Exciting to see more of your list ticked off - I'm waiting to see photos!!

Rach Wyndham said...

Kathie it makes everything so much harder doesnt it!

Hope you find what you are looking for.


P.S Oh keep an eye out for me please for a hot water system lol!

Megan said...

Isn't that just typical Kathie! That happens here too....loud noises always at the wrong time :-(

Megan xx