I stumbled across a list of things that Jamie used to do when he was eleven months old.
And it took me back seven months. It seems like ages ago. I would have forgotten many of those little things if they weren't written down. It prompted me to write a list of all the things that Jamie is doing now:
- he loves to feed himself yoghurt. I give him a spoon, a bowl of yoghurt and another empty bowl and he sits happily in his highchair "eating". Yesterday he upended the bowl on his head.
- when we empty the bath at night he likes to hunch over the drain and watch the water disappear. He tries to plug the hole. He waggles his left hand "bye-bye" to the water.
- when he falls over he screws up this mouth in an exaggerated "ooooh!"
- he's ticklish and giggles when I try to take off his singlet to have a bath
- he waggles his hand when he wants more
- he likes patterns - when he eats, his bowl, spoon, cup *and flannel* must be on the high chair. If the flannel's not there he points to it and complains until I put it on the table. Then he pats it with a contented mutter
- he says "doof doof" when the dogs across the road bark (which is quite a lot, now that he draws it to my attention)
- he loves stacking things. All things. Any things.
Have a great day