Crop for Kids is running a Design-a-Chippie competition.
For a $5 entry fee, you get to submit up to three designs for a chipboard embellishment.
The winning design will be produced by Scrapware and sold exclusively through Crop for Kids!!! Plus, the winner also gets $50 worth of Scrapware products, and a $50 gift certificate to The Scrapbook Establishment.
Entries close on 15th October. All the entry fees, and then all the money from the sale of the embellishments will go to the Melbourne Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal.
The Melbourne Royal Children's Hospital has a big impact on advances in medical treatments as the following excerpt from their website shows:
* RCH clinicians and scientists first discovered that rotavirus is the cause of gastroenteritis.
* RCH is the Australian National Centre for cardiac transplantation.
* RCH is the leading centre for bone marrow and cord blood transplantation.
* Australia's first gait laboratory for children is located at RCH.
* World-wide changes in measles immunisation in children were initiated at RCH.
* RCH leads Australian studies into childhood allergy.
* World experts in paediatric anaesthetics work at RCH.
* RCH provides Australia's most comprehensive care program for neonates.
* RCH is internationally recognised for work on ethical and legal aspects of newborn care, especially the use of high technology.
* RCH developed a video EEG monitoring system, which is now used internationally and has been integrated with the best epilepsy surgical program in Australia.
* RCH is conducting a landmark longitudinal study of childhood asthma into adulthood
You know my commitment to medical research. This is a great, fun way to show your support!
Check out the Crop for Kids blog for more info on this great initiative.