Saturday, May 31, 2008

Almost a year ago..

It's almost a year ago since we sold our old home. It was beautiful once it was finished. This layout just appeared in Creating Keepsakes Issue 13(4) Aussie Reader Gallery.

Sold
Journaling: After three years of blood, sweat and tears our house is finally renovated and has been sold. It does truly look stunning but oh it's just been so much work! I remember when I first moved in here with Phil, we agreed we would do a quick reno and move somewhere else. See, this was Phil's house and at first I really struggled being here. As much as he bent over backwards to make me feel at home, I always felt like I'd really just had to squish my stuff in wherever it would fit. Gradually it became my home too. Still, we had our plan. Three months we thought it would take. But life has a habit of getting in the way of these things. Jobs, investment properties and finally a baby slowed us down. Plus, Phil wanted to do everything himself. So 3 months became 3 years. Finally we're finished. And moving on with the next steps in our plan. Woohooo!!!!

8 comments:

Janine said...

Gorgeous LO Kathie! :)

Alison Shearer said...

Kathie this is a beautiful LO and the house itself look stunning. I think it would be hard to leave a house this beautiful but if you have a grand plan then I admire you and hope the next step is great for you.

Alison

Belinda Venables said...

I loved this one from the minute I seen it in the mag - looks fab!

Belinda
xx

Joanne said...

I just love all your work.

kerry said...

love that layout too Kathie it looks fab.take care Kerry btw i reaaly wouldnt be able to do that job either sounds way to involved for me.lol take care Kerry xx

Lydell Quin said...

This is a fantastic LO Kathie, Love it!

Mardi said...

Hi Kathie....I cant believe its been a year....I remember you still working on it..time flys doeasnt it.
Hope alls well...
Mardi x

oranginadreams said...

wow. Wonderful journaling. Renovating is such hard work, and it really paid off - the house looks fab!

Leslie