Thursday, May 22, 2008

New layouts

This week's theme for the Shop and Crop DT Gallery is to scrap the boys. Here are my layouts. Beautiful Scenic Route Grafton line. I mixed it with those Pink Paislee alpha stickers that I am developing a love affair with :) and added in a good dose of neutrals to make those colours pop.

ournaling: Looking at you in this photo, I'm struck by how much you've changed in the last month or so. You've grown up so much. You no longer have the chubby cheeks of a baby; no you're a real little boy with a little boy's grin now. I love watching you grow, but sometimes I can't help think that you're growing up way too fast!

Still experimenting with a bit of a patchwork feel. I've been admiring quilting lately and am inspired! I've added a liberal dose of hand stitching too - good ol' blanket stitch. The speedometer's from a MME Daily Dose card.

Journaling: Jamie adores Jak. Jak, well, Jak's not so sure. He treats Jamie with a healthy dose of suspicion. All Jamie wants to do is to paly; to catch Jak, touch him, pat him. But, well, Jamie's your typical two year old. He's ROUGH! And Jak's had his hair pulled, his ears tugged and his eyes poked once too often. Look at him - pleading with me - HELP!!

Mmmhmm. Paper piecing. "Kathie's grass" as Cherill calls it. More hand stitching. Some vintage book paper to bring down the tone a bit. And stamping! Woohoo! I sat down the other night while watching tellie and stamped out a whole pile of images. So they're just sitting there waiting for me to pick them. The only way to get me stamping, lol!

Work today. Back to it!
Kathie

4 comments:

Sheree said...

Wow I'm loving these layouts Kathie!!! Awesome designs and so much colour!

Sheree xx

Belinda Venables said...

Fabulous layouts Kathie...:D

Belinda
xx

kerry said...

Great layouts Kathie as usual.take care Kerryxx

Britta said...

Haha - das kenne ich, so ging es lange meiner Katze mit Mira...davon wollte ich auch schon mal ein Layout machen...