Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Layout share

I hear that the new issue of Scrapbooking Memories is just hitting the stands, which means I can share my layouts from Vol 11 No7. I had two pages in there:

Hugs and Kisses

Unfortunately you never get a good sense of the texture in layouts when you just see the 2D image. This one if full of 3D elements.

Then there was this funny little page that I did for the Masters Challenge gallery:

The Uncooperative Carrot
Journaling: Your first dress-up for childcare. You had to go as your favourite healthy food. I snapped these shots of you in the morning before we left. You were most uncooperative. Oh well. You did want to go as a banana after all!

Jamie really did want to go as a banana. But when I picked through his wardrobe, he had precious little in the way of yellow clothes. He did have orange pants and an orange top though. Sorry buddy!

Thank goodness for cardstock. I used up a couple of sheets of Coredinations cardstock that was part of my Masters prize pack making that little head-ornament ;)

I have been feeling a little less inspired to blog lately. I feel that our life is so ho hum ordinary, and not worth sharing. Tell me, is there anything you'd like me to address a blog post to?

Kathie

4 comments:

Tam said...

Wow, just gorgeous as always! Your life isn't boring - how can it be with that precious boy of yours around! And any scrapping of yours is always a pleasure to see.

AND I just spotted some happy news of yours :o) Congratulations - looks like an exciting blog post IS coming up!

Debbie Smith said...

Hi Kathie, can I share with you how inspired I've been by your scrapbooking work. After doing a class with you recently at Seriously Scrapbooking, I wanted to find out more about your style and spent ages poring through dozens of your beautful onlilne LO's. It inspired me to make a little book of our visit to the zoo last month with my babies.

I wanted to create little story "scenes" like you do in much of your work, and lots of colour, and my challenge was to create a different sun for each double layout, which I think I did!

My favourite LO's are the ones where the story behind it is meaningful or just funny and always, beautifully written. I am also very inspired by the moment by Ali Edwards' approach, which is capture and record the everyday, like in her 'A week in the life' style album which I'd love to do too.

...Once I've started - and finished - the babies' albums!

Lovin' your work,
Debbie ;D

Joanne said...

I think everyones life gets a bit hum drum now and them, especially with this weather were having now. People ask me what have you been up to and I cant think of anything to say. I like the movie Ground Hog day thats my life sometimes.

Kathryn said...

Lovely layouts Kathie! I can't wait to see them in the magazine...because my first published layout is in there too!!
Wonderful news about A.S.S. - congratulations!