Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Six monthly updates?

Despite deciding eighteen months ago to let blogging fall off the bottom of my to-do list, I have a hard time letting my little blog just languish. So, here I am! A six month update :)


January was wonderful. My sister and her husband were visiting from interstate. The weather was warm, and we had beautiful balmy nights. Phil started an alfresco room out the back of our house, and we spent many evenings out there with friends; eating, drinking, chatting, laughing.

Jamie played cricket in first term. I don't think it is his favourite sport. Not enough action to keep his attention. My son was usually the one turning cartwheels instead of fielding :).

I continued to work three days a week. However, the unit I work in is destined to close sometime this year. No-one can give us a definite date. I have no idea what I will do next. I really don't know what I want to do when I grow up!  

 
February also saw lots of outdoor weather. Pool dates. Play dates. Coffee dates. Summertime is wonderful!

We got invited to a fancy dress party in March. A clown party! What a fabulous idea. 

Jamie is in year 2 this year, and was placed in the same class as his two best friends. He settled straight back into the swing of things. He loves maths, is good at spelling, but doesn't really like writing. He tells me that there's too much work at school....

He became quite interested in drawing there for a while. Now he's into folding up paper into books, and creating his own narratives, complete with illustrations.

The weather was still beautiful in April. Our local pool closed and I decided to let Jamie take a break from swimming lessons for a term. Instead, he's playing soccer and football.

Football practice on Friday nights. He plays with several friends, and we usually hit the club rooms after practice. 

 I have Wednesdays off, and I do love my Wednesdays! I walk with a friend straight after school drop off, then go to the gym straight after with another friend. Often we go for a coffee or out for lunch with the girls afterwards. Occasionally I might squeeze in some housework ;).

Phil and I have been trying to renovate on the weekends, but it's slow going as we are trying to do it all ourselves. Each of us has our own idea about decor and finding a common style that we both agree on has proved challenging. We have been struggling for balance this year as Phil works incredibly long hours and is often interstate. We are looking for a babysitter so we can get out, just the two of us, a little bit. 


So, here we are in the middle of 2013 already. It flies by so fast. I wonder what the next six months holds?

Kathie xx

5 comments:

JulieK said...

Great to hear from you Kathie. I don't know how you remember things from 6 months ago. I have trouble remembering a week ago.

Kaitlynne Roil said...

Nice to see what you have been up to :)

Pearl Maple said...

Lovely photo of the rainbow, reviews are nice when there are fun events to remember, all for celebrating what is good in life

www.dawnstan.blogspot.com said...

Lovely to see you are blogging Kathie. I'm in the same mindset where I don't want to let my blog go but struggle for time to update. I love your idea of six monthly updates. I'm currently turning my blog into yearly books when I have time. Jamie is growing up so fast. Dawn www.dawnstan.blogspot.com

Deb Smith said...

Fancing seeing you back here in blogland, Kathie, it's so wonderful to see and hear what you've been up to. deb (longtime fan of your beautiful scrap work) xox